We know that Netgear Router can be tricky sometimes and it is frustrated when you have already spent a lot of time trying to fix it. Don’t worry today we will help you reset your Netgear wireless router. In this article, you will get to know how to reset Netgear router. Also, we will explain to you “what is the best way to reset a Netgear router?”
You may need to reset your router in the following situations:
- When you cannot access the Netgear admin console via IP address.
- When your Netgear router is not working.
- When Netgear router struggling to maintain a connection with the Wi-Fi network.
- When you are suddenly unable to connect to your router.
In these situations, the Netgear router reset is an easy & instant solution. There are two ways you reset your Netgear router. One method is soft reset and other is hard reset.
What is the best way to reset a Netgear router?
The best way to reset a Netgear router is via hard reset. Hard reset can be accomplished by following these steps:
- Locate the Reset button: Look for the small tiny button located on the router’s back that can be labeled as Reset.
- Use Paper clip or Pin: Now take a sharp paper clip and insert it into the small hole.
- Press and Hold the Reset button: With a paper clip, press the Reset button gently and hold it for about 10-20 seconds. You will see the power LED will start to blink.
- Release the button: Once reset, the Netgear router will reboot itself and the power light will turn into a solid green or white.
- Configure the Netgear router: After you complete the hard reset, your router will restore to its factory default settings. Now you need to configure your wireless router once again.
Note: In the Hard Reset method, all the settings applications and configurations made by the user will remove to factory default.
Another way to reset a Netgear router is a via web browser. This is known as a Soft Reset process. Read the next section to know how to reset Netgear router using web interface.
How can I reset my Netgear router from a web browser?
- Launch a web browser on a wireless device that is connected to the home network and to your Netgear router.
- Enter the router’s web address i.e. http://www.routerlogin.com in the address bar of the browser. You can also use the local login IP address of the Netgear router.
- Next, you will see the router’s admin page where you need to enter the default login credentials.
- Enter the username and password as “admin” in the provided fields.
- Next, you will redirect to the router’s interface.
- Select the “Backup Settings”.
- Now, click the option “Revert to Factory Default settings”.
- After that, click “Erase” option and your Netgear router will reset to its factory default settings.
- Your device will restart automatically. Try to set up your device again.
Hope you will get an answer to your query i.e. what is the best way to reset a Netgear router? If you face any other problem and need assistance on Netgear router reset then dial our toll-free no.