A NETGEAR wireless router attaches several devices to your Internet connection, either wirelessly or by Ethernet cable. If you cannot connect to the Internet, the issue can be anywhere along the chain of PC’s or other devices that connect your computer to the Internet.
How to configure the NETGEAR router?
To configure your NETGEAR router for cable internet connection with Smart Wizard:
- Connect your modem to the internet port of the NETGEAR router and your computer to any of the four LAN ports.
- Switch the computer, router, and broadband/cable modem, off and on again. Wait for them to finish booting up.
- Launch an internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com in the address bar.
- You are prompted to log into the router. You need to enter the default username and the default password of the router. The username and password are case-sensitive. If the default username and password are not working, you might have changed the password.
- Click Setup Wizard and the Setup Wizard screen displays.
- Click yes and then click on Next.
- The Setup Wizard detects the type of internet connection. For cable internet connections, the Setup Wizard detects Dynamic IP.
- Click next and the router saves the settings.
To configure your NETGEAR router for cable internet connection with NETGEAR genie:
- Unplug the modem and router power cords. If you have backup batteries on your modem please remove it temporarily.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the Internet port of the router.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the computer to any one of the LAN ports of the router.
- Re-insert the backup battery and reconnect the modem power.
- Launch an internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com in the address bar. You are prompted to log into the router. You need to enter the default username and the default password of the router. The username and password are case-sensitive.
- You are prompted to enter a username and password. Enter the default login credentials.
- Click on advanced. The setup finishes configuring the internet connection and the Congratulations page displays. Click on take me to the Internet to test the connection.
How to troubleshoot routerlogin.net and routerlogin.com access errors?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to access the NETGEAR router login page.
Steps to gain access to your NETGEAR router admin page:
- Firstly you need to ensure you are using the right web address, username, and password.
- If you receive an error while accessing the www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net web address, try removing your web browser cache.
- Another way is to use your NETGEAR router IP address (http://192.168.1.1) to log in instead of using the www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net.
- Try accessing the NETGEAR router login page using different methods, such as direct wired connections to the router or try accessing with a different Wi-Fi device such as phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, etc.
- If you are connected to different networks at the same time the NETGEAR router login page may not work.
- If not one of the above steps resolves your NETGEAR router login access problem you need to perform a factory reset on the router. After factory resetting your router, login into your NETGEAR router using the information mentioned above.
- To prevent further login issues please ensure your NETGEAR router firmware is up to date.