Netgear Nighthawk wireless routers are known for their performance and user-friendly interface. Go and buy the Netgear Nighthawk router today and experience the blazing internet speeds at your home or office. After you buy the Netgear Nighthawk wireless router, you will need to set it up and hook it to the Internet. So in this article, we will discuss the process of Netgear Nighthawk setup and installation. For Netgear router setup, you won’t need any installation CD or software as it comes with the Netgear genie which is a setup wizard.
How to setup Netgear Nighthawk?
So we have put down some of the basic instructions for the Netgear Nighthawk setup. Make sure you follow each of the steps carefully in order to avoid any issue.
- First of all, attach the antennas to the wireless router at 90 degrees of angle.
- Now, connect the wireless router to the ISP modem using an Ethernet cable. Plug the one side of the cable into the Nighthawk wireless router and another side to the ISP modem.
- Attach the power adapter to the router and plug it into the power outlet near the modem.
- Turn on the wireless router and connect it to the computer.
- Now, open a web browser in the computer and enter the default login address of the router into the address bar.
NOTE: If you don’t know the login details of the wireless router, look for the wireless label at the bottom of the wireless router. You will find all the wireless network and router information written there on the wireless label. Make sure you note down the information on a piece of paper so that you don’t have to look again and again for the information while attempting to log into the wireless router.
- After you press Enter, you will see a small login window pop up on your screen asking for router login credentials.
- Fill up the router login details that you noted down previously on a piece of paper and click Login.
- You will be now directed to the Netgear Nighthawk Genie wizard. This is a Netgear router setup wizard which will help you in the process of the Netgear Nighthawk setup.
- Navigate to the Quick Setup and detect the type of Internet connection. You can also manually set up the Internet connection type by providing ISP details.
- Now follow the instructions to setup the wireless network.
After you complete the Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard, make sure you save the settings. After this, your wireless router will restart so that new settings take effect on it. Reconnect to the wireless network and verify whether your router is hooked up to the Internet connection. If not, ensure that the details provided are appropriate.
We hope that this article helped you in Netgear Nighthawk setup process. In case you face any issue, just give us a call on our Toll-Free number and our technicians will be more than happy to guide you.