NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 R6700 Smart Wi-Fi Router delivers combined Wi-Fi connection speeds of up to 450 Mbps at 2.4 GHz 802.11n and 1300 Mbps at 5 GHz 802.11ac. The NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700 is perfect for high bandwidth usage activities like video streaming and gaming, powered by a dual-core 1 GHz processor. This router has High-powered amplifiers with antennas providing Wi-Fi range anywhere around your house. Nighthawk features downstream QoS for constant High Definition streaming media which identifies and prioritize streaming traffic from websites like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and YouTube.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700 provides speedy central storage, backup, and streaming to every Wi-Fi device in your house with the USB 3.0 port which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Sharing content across your network becomes easy whether you are printing wirelessly or accessing stored photos and music. You can stream your stored media files anywhere on the network to DLNA screens. DLNA screens help you in sharing data over a home network. NETGEAR Ready SHARE Vault app allows you to back up your Windows computers to a USB hard drive connected to Nighthawk.
- Speed: You can enjoy a fast and delay-free Wi-Fi experience for online gaming, video streaming and web surfing with the NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700.
- Wi-Fi Range: The NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700 Smart Wi-Fi Router provides Wi-Fi coverage and range no matter where you connect in your home.
- Ease of Use: You can start enjoying your new device faster than ever with the NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700. It makes sure that installation and management are super easy, so you can connect quickly and make sure you stay that way.
- Security: You can maintain high security across your network to help ensure your privacy and family is safe while online with the NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700. It even prevents phishing and by setting up Parental Controls you can even limit access for kids and guests.
Sharing: With NETGEAR R6700 you can share content across your network is fun and easy. You can even keep it safe by using the included Ready SHARE Vault application for backing up Windows-based PCs. For Mac OS users you can back-up using Apple Time Machine.
You can connect to the NETGEAR Nighthawk router’s Wi-Fi networks or use a wired Ethernet connection. If you set up your laptop or desktop to use a static IP address, change the settings so that it uses Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). You can set up the NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700 router by one of the following ways:
- Connect your computer to the router with an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the router’s power LED is lit.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to an Ethernet port on the computer. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable on the router.
- Connect your computer to the local area network and a message will display on the computer screen to notify that an Ethernet cable is connected.
- Make sure the router’s power LED is lit. On your device find and select the Wi-Fi network.
- The Wi-Fi network name is always mentioned on the router’s label.
- You need to join the Wi-Fi network and enter the Wi-Fi Password which is also mentioned on the router’s label. This will automatically connect your device to the Wi-Fi network.
Automatic setup of the router
- First of all, make sure that the router is powered on.
- Connect your computer or the Wi-Fi device with an Ethernet cable.
- The security settings are labeled at the back of the router.
- Launch a web browser and go to www.routerrloginnet.net to start the installation process.
- This will automatically connect the router to the internet.
- Instead of having an insecure generic network name and password, every NETGEAR has a different network name and password programmed into it.
How do I enhance video streaming performance with downstream quality of service on the Nighthawk R6700 router?
Downstream Quality of Service (QoS) prioritizes Internet traffic from the Internet to your Wi-Fi network. This helps in delivering better performance when you stream Internet video, such as when you watch any videos online. NETGEAR always advises you to enable downstream QoS only if you watch and stream Internet videos.
To enable downstream QoS
- Launch an Internet browser from a laptop, desktop or mobile device that is connected to the internet.
- Enter the website i.e. routerlogiinnet.com. A login window will open.
- Type the router username and password. The BASIC Home screen will display.
- Select ADVANCED and click QoS Setup.
- Select the Downstream QoS tab. The Downstream QoS page displays. Select Enable Downstream QoS option.
- Select the Streaming Database Auto Upgrade checkbox. The NETGEAR router automatically checks for updates for the streaming database and downloads and installs them. The NETGEAR router will assign a high priority to video streaming from the Internet traffic.
How can I update my NETGEAR router firmware?
- Launch a web browser from a computer or Wi-Fi device that is connected to the network.
- Enter www.routerrloginnet.net.Enter the router username and password.
- Select ADVANCED and then click Administration.
- Click Firmware Update or Router Update. The router looks for new firmware information and displays a message asking if you want to download and install it.
How do I a factory reset my NETGEAR router?
- Locate the Reset button on the back of your router.
- By using a paper clip press and hold the Reset button for about 20-25 seconds.
- Release the Reset button and wait for your router to reboot. After your router is finished with the factory reset, the Power light stops blinking and lights solid green. The factory default settings are restored.